Latest News

Growing Up in Echague Isabela

During the mid year of 1980’s my parents meet each other in a the Queen town of Isabela betterly known as Echague. It is 344 kilometers northeast of Manila.

My Dad was in the Philippine Army and was assigned in Camp Melchor F. Dela Cruz located in Soyung, Echague Isabela while my mother works in the public market selling assorted items before she decided to work abroad.
I finished my kindergarden and primary education at Echague West Central School, and my secondary education in Isabela State University Laboratory High School. During my elementary days is where I developed my personality . I met friends who were reliable, ones who you can go depend on and most of all who can play with you all day long. Moreover on my high school years, although there were many secondary schools available in and around Echague, I choose to study in ISU-LHS because the standards are high, offering an almost free tuition fee and the quality of learning is looked upon by many. I had some excellent teachers; the ones I especially recall are Mrs. Nora Gaffud, Mrs. Josue, Mrs. Gomez, Mrs. Leańo, Mrs. Zipagan, Mrs. Victoriano and Mrs. Vinarao.I only did fair in school and finished as a regular student of my high school class of 2004 and as a liaison officer of Citizen Army Training. After that, I left the town and finished my College degree of Civil Engineering in Saint Louis University, Baguio City, took the board exams last November 2009 and passed with flying colors.

It was July 2003 when Echague was destroyed by Typhoon Harurot which made most parts of the town suffer with no electricity for a month. Yet, with strength and courage the people of Echague rose gracefully and built what has to be built.

There brings so much memories and simple joys living in the small town of Echague that I'am nostalgic about. I seized the many opportunities it offered. Like learning its native language known as "Yogad", eating delicacies like the "dendelut" served during the lenten season , eating siopao and drinking sagot gulaman at the public market and most of all the endearing and amiable people in Echague.
Newer Post
Previous
This is the last post.
  • Blogger Comments
  • Facebook Comments

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Item Reviewed: Growing Up in Echague Isabela Rating: 5 Reviewed By: Brythym